Monday, January 23, 2012

App Development Update

I met with the project manager, animator and the head of the animation department. I am happy to say that it was a productive meeting.

This is quite the learning process for me. It is interesting to learn the animation process up close. First, every character and action has to be hand drawn in detail. What that means is that once I give approval to the characters, their look is nearly set in stone. Any change I may make, later in the animation process, means that the animators will have to change the same detail in each previous action. In turn, this will increase the cost of the project and the time needed to complete the app.

The team had used the word "sprite" in our previous meeting. I thought that was their term for the characters even though they didn't look like fairies. At this meeting, I learned what "sprite" means in computer lingo.  According to Wikipedia, "In computer graphics, a sprite is a two-dimensional image or animation that is integrated into a larger scene."

You may remember that, in my last update, I mentioned some changes to the script that the animators suggested. I have some problems with their wording changes. I told the team I would give their ideas some thought and let them know if I feel comfortable with them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment